Monday, March 7, 2011

Before & After: Refinished Accent Chair

So I found this ugly ol' chair at a yard sale...it had potential.  I ripped up the seat and found 2 layers of fabric and some of that plant basket lining stuff...yuck, old.  So I bought a brand new fluffy 2" foam cushion, some batting, and brand new awesome fabric.  I sanded the wood and painted a cream, leaving some of the creases and crevices alone to bring in more of a shabby look. 

I put it on my Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/pages/Erins-Attic-Treasures-Untold/254372969833?ref=ts ) and within 5 minutes (literally) it had several responses and within 45 minutes or so it had sold.  Guess I need to scout out more chairs like this. :)

Here it is before:

And here it is after:


Love.it.

Please consider following my blog as I'm always posting about our home improvements (big and small), projects, savings tips, animals, and coming soon...dancing. :)  Yeah, the animals and dancing don't have much to do with home improvements, but whatever.

Linking back to:


6 comments:

  1. I love everything about this chair. I love the new color and I especially love that fabric. I am on the hunt for a chair that needs some love. Yours is such an inspiration. I am your latest follower. I would love for you to come and check out my blog and follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different web address and thought
    I might as well check things out. I like
    what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to going over your web page yet again.

    Here is my web blog http://www.politiks.ch/story.php?title=how-can-i-lose-weight

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you would like to grow your familiarity simply
    keep visiting this web site and be updated with the most recent news update posted here.


    Here is my web blog :: Slim Lipo Plus Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’d like to visit your weblog more typically but currently it appears to
    be taking forever to return up. I go to from work,
    and our connection there is fairly good. Do you think the problem might be in your end?


    Feel free to surf to my web site; Tips To Get Pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I submit your publish to my weblog? I'll add a inbound link to your forum. That’s one really sweet post.

    my page: having trouble getting pregnant

    ReplyDelete